Last night was pizza night at WCF HQ.
- 6 rounds of 00-flour dough
- homemade tomato-basil sauce
- applewood smoked slab bacon
- a local chicken/feta/artichoke sausage boiled in pilsner and then browned in the bacon’s fat; shaved brussels sprouts
- leftover kale, quinoa and cherry tomato salad
- fennel, truffle and black pepper salumi
- local cherry tomatoes
- garlic steeped in spicy Spanish olive oil with gray sea salt
- fresh local basil
- part-skim and whole millk mozzarellas
- smoked mozzarella
- smoked Gouda
- Grana Padano parmesan and pecorino
- The tester: a basic margherita. Sauce, 70-30 ratio of part-skim and whole milk mozz, basil and pecorino.
- Kale, quinoa, cherry tomatoes piled high under cubes of smoked mozzarella and smoked Gouda. The mozz melted into the kale’s rippled leaves; the Gouda became soft but held its shape for a lovely contrast.
- The Motorino
ripoff homage. A white pizza brushed with garlic olive oil, covered in a layer of shaved brussels sprouts, seasoned with salt and pepper, topped with bite-size pieces of bacon, more brussels, and a mix of smoked mozz and part-skim.
- (Not pictured) coins of chicken/feta/artichoke sausage and fresh basil hidden under a layer of mozzarella and finished with parmesan, basil and red pepper flakes.
- White pizza brushed with a generous dose of garlic olive oil, dotted with red and yellow cherry tomatoes, baked until the tomatoes burst then dotted with a freshly-broken ball of oozy, yielding, decadent burrata and a few torn basil leaves. Always my favorite.
- (Top left in the leftovers picture) fancy pepperoni pizza. We couldn’t even break into this one, we were so full, but it looks promising.